This Bedroom is named after the house Remnantz, once owned by Stephen Remnant.
The Stable Block at Remnantz, West Street
The house Remnantz (which originally had another wing and was three-storied) is of great interest, because from 1802 it housed the junior department of the Royal Military College. This college expanded so rapidly that it was removed to Sandhurst in 1812/13. The stables and cupola were designed in the style of Sir Christopher Wren as is Western House, a fine building with a gazebo at the end of the street.
Remnantz in West Street, Marlow was built in 1720. It is named after a successful Woolwich iron-founder called Stephen Remnant, who inherited it in 1756